Is an event management company involved in event management and planning of high quality at affordable price for outdoor event management services in Port Harcourt. We are committed to the provision of professional event planning services.
- Location: The company is located at #3 Wike Street, Choba, Port Harcourt. The suburb of Choba, picked to be our headquarters’ location, is our focal point. It is a community with a small town atmosphere but big city conveniences.
Ø Company Ownership: is wholly owned by Mr. , who is a citizen of Nigeria Mr. ……. is a Graduate of Computer Science(B.Sc.) from Enugu state University. The company was initially formed as a sole proprietorship by Mr. ………….. in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, and succeeded tremendously in that market.
The corporate market for event planning is steady and profitable. For some large companies, economic downturns mean cuts in training. This is, however, only the case for shortsighted companies. The benchmark companies may trim down the workforce during a downturn, but they do not cut funds for training. They recognize that investing in human resources is always a good investment. We intends to profit nicely from this. Additionally, even in economic downturns, companies still have product launches and will still need someone to organize these events. In short, the need for corporate event planning/hosting services rarely diminishes, it is a steadily increasing demand that we will capitalize on.
CRP’s objectives for the first three years of operation include:
- To create a service-based company whose #1 value is exceeding customer’s expectations.
- To increase our number of served clients by 20% per year through superior service.
- To develop a sustainable, profitable start-up business.
- To provide different varieties of event planning concepts
- To provide best quality consultation services in event management
The mission of the Corporate Retreat Professionals is to provide companies with the highest level of event planning. We exist to attract and maintain customers. When we adhere to this maxim, everything else will fall into place. Our services will exceed the expectations of our customers.
CRP will offer event planning for the corporate market. CRP will concentrate on two types of event planning:
- Corporate retreats– These events are typically used for two different reasons. They are either a leadership training or teaming skills training where employees of the corporations are sent away to develop these skills. In addition to the planning of the events, CRP will be able to host the event as well. While CRP’s core competencies are not in hosting, CRP will align itself with a well respected host of leadership development/teaming skills programs and have them assist CRP in the hosting aspect. Using a strategic partner in this case allows CRP to stick with a narrow focus but still offer the service to our customers.
- Product launches– These are events where the corporation is releasing a product and they have an event that is open to people outside of the corporation. The purpose of the product launch event is to create visibility for the new release.
The benefits of our services;
- The provision of high professionalism event planning services
- All year round availability of our customer’s care services
- Excellent customer focus marketing strategy
- Fair and affordable price of our services
The following is a list of events we plan:
- Meetings, Trainings, Retreats
- Conferences and Workshops
- Birthdays, Anniversaries, Graduations and Holidays
- Weddings, Receptions and Showers
- Company Picnics, banquets, and Award Ceremonies, etc
CRP, soon to be located in Seattle, will offer event planning for corporations. CRP will be specializing in training/leadership retreats, team building skill retreats and product launch events. CRP will be located in office space in downtown Seattle.
………………………… has a degree in Business from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. After college, …….. spent five years working for Andersen Consulting. During these years, Jeff became familiar with a large number of companies and the
important players in the Seattle business community. While working for Andersen, Jeff attended an MBA night program and received his MBA in 1996.
After completing his degree, Jeff decided to join Boeing in their PR department. It was at Boeing where Jeff learned the bulk of his organizing and event planning skills. These skills, in conjunction with his MBA education, gave Jeff the confidence to handle a wide range of business propositions. After three years at Boeing, Jeff decided to start his own business. Corporate Retreat Professionals was finally born.
The staff will initially consist of Jeff working full time. By month two, Jeff will have brought on board a secretary/receptionist in a full-time hourly position. Month four will mark when Jeff will bring on board an account executive to maintain the accounts of their clients. Jeff will be responsible for the set up of the office, forming of strategic relationships with third party vendors, and turning sales leads into customers.
2.2 Start-up Summary
CRP start-up costs will include all the necessary equipment needed for an office, legal fees, accounting fees, advertising fees, and website development fees.
The home office equipment will be the largest chunk of the start-up expenses. This equipment includes a 3 computer system, fax machine, office supplies, cellular phone, and pager. The computers should have at least a 500 megahertz Celeron/Pentium processor, 64 megabytes of RAM (preferably 128) and 6 gigabyte hard drive. One computer will become a server with a printer and a writable CD-RW for backing up the system. Microsoft Office will be installed on all the workstations and one computer will need QuickBooks(r) Pro. The office will require some desks, bookshelves and couches. Two phone lines will be needed in addition to a cellular phone and pager for Jeff.
The accounting fees will be used to set up the accounting suite so CRP can do the accounting in-house.
The legal fees are used for the formation of the corporation as well as for reviewing/generating standard client contracts. The advertising costs are based on the need to communicate our service to perspective customers.
The Web creation fees at start-up costs are for design and creation of the website.